There are different rules of softball 9u game, and they vary from fielding to batting to coaching and many more. Without talking much, let us dive into the general regulations of softball 9u games.
General rules of softball 9u game
The general rules of softball 9u are listed below:
- Every softball 9u game must have a total of 6 innings. A forfeit will be declared 15 minutes from the start of the game. Every team must have seven players before the beginning of the game. If any of them is injured during the play, the team can continue with six players.
- The spot left blank due to the early departing players or the injured players is not declared out. That sport is just skipped while following the order.
- If a team manager understands that his team does not have enough players before a scheduled game, they can borrow girls from other teams.
- All six innings must be completed within one hour and forty-five minutes. If the game is tied at the end of the innings and there is no play scheduled in your field, the game can be extended up to thirty minutes.
- No member is allowed behind the backstop during the play of the softball 9u game.
- All the players must be dressed in full uniform, wearing socks and jerseys.
- Innings are either four runs scored or three outs, whichever takes place first. Both the umpire and manager must agree before the start of the game. However, the 3 outs system must happen in the last innings. However, the 3 outs system must happen in the last innings.
These were the basic rules of the softball 9u game that must be followed during the play.
Know about the pitching rules of softball 9u game
Below mentioned are the significant pitching rules of the softball 9u game.
- Regulation softballs of 11inch and 0.47 core are recommended for softball 9u games.
- The pitcher mound distance should be 35 feet from the back portion of home plate.
- A pitcher can start 1 foot behind the mound or step back at the beginning of the delivery.
- Each pitcher can pitch a maximum of two innings every game. In case of an additional inning, if the pitcher who has already pitched two innings can pitch in extra two innings.
- Every player in the softball 9u game is allowed to leave and enter the field, including the pitcher.
- Two trips to the mound every inning are permitted. The pitcher must be replaced at the time of the second trip.
Fielding regulations of softball 9u games
Know about the basic regulations of softball 9u game from the below-mentioned points.
- A maximum of 10 softball players are allowed on the field at any moment.
- No short center fielder is allowed, and outfielders must play four across. They must stand on the outfield grass.
- For an entire 6-inning game, every fielder must play at least two infield positions. The managers must also ensure that every player gets equal time in the infield and outfield positions.
Batting rules of the softball 9u games
Here are the batting rules of the softball 9u game.
- In case of a dropped 3rd strike, the batter might not move on to the first base. Base runners in the game can advance at their own risk. It will count at the steal limit.
- There is no such infield fly rule active during the game.
- Base runners might tag the fly ball outs and move on to any base.
- Bunting is allowed in the softball 9u games.
Base running rules of the game
The base running rules of the softball 9u game are mentioned below.
- Bases of the softball game will be set at a distance of sixty feet.
- One warning is given to the team for the players who leave the base early.
- There is no continuation permitted during a walk.
- There are no stealing bases when a team leads by eight runs or more. Base runners can only advance during the batted balls in such a situation.
These were the rules of the softball 9u games. Everything is covered from general practices to base running rules to batting and fielding rules. You must adhere to all these rules while playing the softball 9u game. Violating any of these rules can lead to penalties according to the rules and regulations of the game.